Job Description: Stores Co-ordinator (& LGV Driver)
Responsible to: Operations Director
Accountable: Board of Directors
Paygrade: £18K - £22K per annum (40 hours per week) (dependant on age/experience)
The Company: DC Site Services is an Event & Festival contractor which provides services from litter collection, recycling, cleaning, traffic management, Stewarding and all staffing solutions within the Event & Festival industry. Established since 1993, the company continues to grow and now seeks to expand its internal staff to support the running of the warehouse & yard, equipment and vehicle maintenance.
DC Site Services is looking for a motivated individual to coordinate and oversee an active warehouse, yard and fleet. During peak festival season the right candidate will need to be someone who can work in a fast-paced environment, unsupervised, ensuring that stock levels are checked and maintained, equipment is kept in working order and that all vehicles are loaded and unloaded, Working to set deadlines in order to meet the customer’s event requirements.. Experience with both electronic and paper-based stock systems is pivotal.
- Overseeing the day to day operations in the warehouse and yard
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods in the correct storage bays
- Loading & unloading, packing & wrapping equipment to/from vehicles
- Making sure there is a visible and accurate record of all equipment that is booked out of the warehouse at any one time
- Using Mechanical Handling Equipment i.e. pallet trucks to move goods
- Booking all equipment back into the warehouse, monitoring and maintenance of any damaged or missing equipment/uniform.
- Updating the equipment/stock levels on the internal audit system
- Monitoring stock levels
- Ensuring that all returning equipment is clean and ready for use
- Delivering/towing stock & equipment to event & festivals sites
- To understand and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures and health and safety
- Sourcing specific stock such as bin covers, blowers, wheelie bins etc.
- Booking and hiring of vehicles and coordinating insurance cover
- Signing hire vehicles in and out, recording any damage
- Caravan and trailer repair as applicable
- Assist with purchasing and pricing of goods
- Maintain an easy rapport with approved suppliers, support the Operations team with procurement
- To check all deliveries against the paperwork and to follow up if incorrect
- To ensure that all paperwork related to the warehouse is completed and submitted in a timely manner by anyone working in the warehouse or yard area
- To answer the warehouse telephone when overflowing from the office during peak periods
- Sign for deliveries specifically for the warehouse and yard
- To attend to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors.
- Maintaining a tidy workspace, including all ground maintenance
- Undertake the company laundry ensuring that all uniform is clean, correctly stored away, and ready for use at all times
- To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to the Company including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained
- To ensure the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the Company’s lockup procedure, including lights and internal doors.
- First-line maintenance of fixtures and fittings (replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices)
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Company policies and carry out weekly fire alarm tests and assist with evacuation procedures.
- The stacking of empty pallets in the yard
- The post-holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
- Monthly checks will be carried out for all equipment and logged accordingly
- To observe safe working practice and ensuring that specific H&S instructions are carried out by all crew within the warehouse and yard area through induction and maintaining performance
- To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply to the Office Manager, and to report minor faults on site in line with company procedure.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
Essential Requirements for Applicants:
- A structured, common-sense approach to jobs and tasks
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of Excel and other specialist stock tracking software
- Can be trusted to work unsupervised for periods of time
- Full, Clean UK/European driver’s license
- Experience in working in a warehouse while holding a level of responsibility
- Flexible and dedicated
- Attention to detail and safety
Desirable Requirements for Applicants:
- Physically fit and capable of moving stock around manually
- Towing license
- Experience of working within the event and festival industry
- Forklift license (if not, training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Ability to priorities and multitask
- A comprehensive understanding of safety procedures
- Experience with PAT testing
- Basic mechanic skills First aid certificate
Closing Date: Friday 21st February 2020
comments powered by Disqus