Job Description: Area Leader
Responsible to: Team Leader
Accountable: Director of Operations
Pay Grade: £8.20 per hour (under 25) & £8.71 (over 25)
Working away from home time to time, supporting or deputising for the Team Leader of onsite operations and meeting the service specification by overseeing the running of a designated section of the site.
Hours of duty: as required to fulfil the requirements of the post. This is dependant based on the project (event) assigned and the shift requirements for that project.
Providing a line of support to the Team Leader onsite by overseeing the running of designated section of the event site
- Willing to work various shifts including night shifts
- Maintaining a clear line of communication with the Team Leader
- Liaise with the Team Leader as to progress, problems etc.
- Ensure staff are on their position/working on time and wearing the correct uniform and PPE.
- Co-ordinate staff so breaks are organised effectively without a reduction in the service provided.
- Ensure each staff member is conducting the job effectively, and safely (in keeping with company H&S policy).
- Dealing with minor staff grievances/problems in a professional and acceptable manner.
- Assist staff or arrange re-allocation when workloads are proving heavy.
- Ensure staff hours are recorded correctly
- Respond efficiently to calls/complaints from organisers or DC Site Services management.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the crew to prepare, conduct any handovers and liaise with appropriate Team Leader.
- Lead by example by ensuring your personal uniform and PPE is correct and relevant, and by getting involved in the work you are asking your team to complete
- Be open in communication with your line manager about any incidences or problems you feel you cannot deal with yourself.
- Remain confident, cool and approachable with all staff and members of the general public/clients.
- Provide the Team Leader following yourself with a full handover of the day’s events and provide them with a short bullet point list of any problems that arose.
- Attend meetings and training days scheduled by the DC office
Employee/ Staff Development and training:
- Ensure the delivery of quality services which meets regulatory, and service specification maintaining ISO Standards.
- Abide by and ensure the implementation of company policies & procedure, business objectives, company philosophy and code of conduct.
- Promote and maintain the company Quality Programme, completing any appropriate paperwork (e.g. incident forms should you be involved in or witness an accident, incident or occurrence).
- Maintain a close and co-operative relationship with all professional and statutory authorities that relate to the company.
- Promote the use of Quality Assurance as a method of ensuring services are delivered in accordance with Organisers and ensuring safety and pleasant environment for the audience
- Ensure the DC Health & Safety policy, legislation, regulations, policy and procedures are adhered to at all times to safeguard your own and the crew’s well-being, and ensuring the safe and happy working environment for our crew, customers and contractors
- Ensure you maintain positive, effective and professional relationships with the other employees
- Respond to any project/service specification or resource shortfalls as per your Team Leader’s instructions
- Be available to your Team Leader at all times when on shift. While off shift, make sure you are contactable
- Maintain every aspect of confidentiality relating to the event/festival, staff and the company
- To be well presented/groomed and maintain company uniform when representing the company.
- Be sure to log appropriate information as applicable to the nature of the service being provided
- Ensure that paperwork is completed to a high standard and signed where required
- Effectively manage your DCSS PAAM profile and applications, ensuring that you have acknowledged any assigned positions on your DCSS PAAM profile before attending onsite
- Make sure to read the pre-event information pack so that you know exactly where to go on arrival and who your onsite contact is
- Submit your debrief on time and return all necessary equipment and paperwork
- Ensure that you have signed your timesheet before leaving the event site
This job description is not prescriptive and may be changed in consultation with the post holder to meet the changing needs of the role and business.
- Experience working in the event industry
- Experience with at least one of the following: litter picking and/or commercial cleaning, waste management, car parking and/or traffic management
- Experience coordinating small to medium sized teams in the workplace
- Experience in at least one of our services (stewarding. traffic management, car parking, waste management/litter picking or cleaning)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be prepared to work for long periods of time away from home
- Basic working knowledge of standard computer software packages (Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint or equivalent).
- Desirable: GCSE’s grade A-D in English, Science’s and Math or equivalent
- Desirable: Full UK driving license